Recipe: Grilled Onions on the George Foreman
Summary: Grilling onion slices on the George Foreman grill makes it fast and easy to have grilled onions for anything you need.
- 1-2 onions (depending on size of grill)
- Non-stick cooking spray or olive oil
- Heat grill. Spray grill (or onions!) with non-stick cooking spray, or brush with olive oil. Lay onion rounds on the grill, close it, and grill for 10-15 minutes. Check at the halfway point, and turn rings over with a spatula if you want to fiddle with them. Or don’t, if you don’t. It won’t matter. 
- Either remove onion rings to a plate to let cool, or unplug grill and let them cool off in the grill. It will be fine either way.
- When cool, either use as is, perhaps on hamburgers or some veggie burger, or chop and use in a recipe that would benefit from grilled onions. That would include pico de gallo, any guacamole, or many other things!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)