Recipe: Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey
Summary: Endive leaves are the perfect receptacle into which blue cheese, walnuts and honey are stuffed, making a tangy-sweet-crunchy appetizer.
- 3-5 heads fresh endive
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Toasted walnuts, broken in half
- Slice root end off endive and separate leaves into individual spears. Rinse and dry well.
- Arrange endive spears/leaves on a serving platter, and into each spear put some blue cheese crumbles (stuff the leaves to suit yourself), a few walnut pieces, and finish with a slight drizzle of honey.
- Serve with a flourish (maybe put a towel over your arm like a maitre‘d because you have earned the right to be fancy like that).
- Allow at least 5-6 spears per person. (You could aim modestly and allow 2 spears per person, but you would run out and feel badly about it. This happened to me at a party so I know firsthand.)
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
See this page  for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.