Recipe: Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins
Summary: Deep, rich, chili flavored with mole and just enough heat to wake you up, nutritious red beans and raisins for a sweet pop.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sweet red Kapia peppers , stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 4 Padron chiles , stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander 
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (28-ounce) can Italian peeled tomatoes in tomato puree
- 5 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I used 50% less sodium version)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2-3 tablespoons of water if needed
- Garnishes: sour cream, fresh cilantro, avocado chunks and/or shredded cheese
- In a large pot with a lid, heat the oil and sauté peppers and onion for about 7-10 minutes. 
- Add turkey and sauté for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the rest of the ingredients through cocoa powder and simmer on lowest heat, covered, for at least 30 minutes. Stir in beans and raisins and continue simmering, covered, another 30-45 minutes. Add water during this time if it seems like it is drying out.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with a dollop of sour cream (if needed to tame heat), finely chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado or shredded cheese.
- Serves 4-6, depending on appetites.
See this page  for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.
This is a contest! You can help me win so I can get a ticket to a food blogging conference. Won’t you go here and please vote for my chili? ALERT: the button to vote for my chili is ABOVE the photo of my chili. Please and thank you!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes ready for your vote!
Will YOU be a part of the #SundaySupper Chili Cook-Off judges panel this week? Voting is live at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine  starting now and concluding (fittingly) on Feb. 27 — National Chili Day! Browse the submissions and cast your vote by clicking HERE ! ALERT: The button to vote for my chili is ABOVE the photo of my chili.
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili  from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili  from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili  from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne  from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili  from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili  from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili  from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili  from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili  from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili  from Hip Foodie Mom
- Apple and Red Ale Pulled Pork Chili  from Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Pork Chili  from Melanie Makes
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili  from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili  from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili  from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili  from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili  from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili  from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili  from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili  from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili  from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins  from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili  from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili  from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili  from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever  from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne  from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili  from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili  from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili  from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews  from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili  from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili  from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries  from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes  from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots  from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac  from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper  from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce sent the Kapia peppers and Padron chiles for recipe development.