Chicken and Israeli Couscous Veggie Salad
If you don’t want to use the TJ’s grains blend, use cooked rice, barley, wheat berries, couscous, orzo or anything similar. Use what you have hanging around!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains Blend (or Israeli couscous), cooled
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (3-4)
- 1/2 cup diced radishes (3-4)
- 1/2 cup diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 20 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Ground cumin
- Salad dressing
- Garnish: Chopped fresh basil
In a large bowl, add cooked grains or couscous, chicken, onions, radishes, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatoes and parsley. Mix gently. Sprinkle lightly with ground cumin, drizzle some dressing over the salad and mix again to combine. Taste and add additional dressing or cumin, if needed. Refrigerate.
To serve, portion into 4 wide bowls and garnish with basil shreds if you like.