This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are all mine.
Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake is a wildly good dessert, and you will no doubt make it all the time. It relies on pantry and refrigerator items, and can be embellished with whatever fruit you have in season!
No doubt you’ll make this in summer, fall, winter and spring. It’s so good, you’ll crave it year-’round, and be happy when you smell it in the oven.
In summer it is particularly handy because you can throw whatever fresh berries you have on it, or cherries, or fresh peaches or other stone fruit.
In other seasons, sliced pears or apples or persimmons, segmented tangerines, pomegranate arils, mango, pineapple…let what’s in your fruit bowl be your guide. My rule of thumb is if it tastes good with caramel, it makes the cut!
How to make Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake
1. Assemble your ingredients. (This is good advice no matter what recipe you are making.)
2. Make the batter using an electric mixer.
3. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan.
4. Make the Brown Sugar Maple Sauce, and pour it over the prepared batter. It automagically sinks to the bottom while baking.
5. Bake it. It might (probably!) heave and bubble while baking. This is not only entertaining, but natural! It emerges with sticky pudding on the bottom bubbling up around the edges and sides. YUM!
6. When you cut a piece and serve it, be prepared to be asked for the recipe.
7. Interestingly, this cake changes if you have it left over. The next day, the caramel sauce on the bottom becomes more firm. Don’t worry, it is EXCELLENT both days!
8. Additional ways to serve it: add fresh sliced strawberries, whole raspberries or blackberries, or fresh peaches on top.
Shall we turn on the oven and make it? The answer is YES!
You guys…honestly, do you need more incentive to make this? Look at this caramel…
Sponsored items used in this recipe:
- Adam’s Extract  — Vanilla extract
- Dixie Crystals  — Granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Wilton  — Bake and Bring 13×9-inch pan
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine. We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals , Adam’s Extract , Wilton , Sweets and Treats Shop  and Anolon.  These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.