Recipe: Bacon Hearts in the Oven
Summary: A simple shaped bacon heart made in the oven will charm your sweetie for Valentine’s Day.
- 1 pound Smithfield Thick-Cut Cherrywood Smoked Bacon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. 
- Small heart: To make small hearts, cut a piece of bacon in half, and arrange both pieces so they form a heart shape. The ends must touch so it doesn’t fall apart. Be sure to make the hearts on a baking sheet with short sides (so the grease doesn’t drip into the oven), or on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bigger heart: To make bigger hearts, use two pieces of bacon, and do the same arranging trick. 
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute or two before you remove from the rack, so they don’t fall apart.
- You may make them ahead of time, store in the refrigerator, and reheat quickly in the microwave or oven if you wish.
Disclosure: Smithfield compensated me for this post, and sent bacon for recipe development. *The survey was conducted by Wakefield Research.