- Shockingly Delicious - http://www.shockinglydelicious.com -
What to do with Too Much Halloween Candy
Posted By Dorothy Reinhold On November 1, 2012 @ 12:40 pm In Candy,Desserts,Fun with Food,Halloween,Kid-Friendly | 9 Comments
My kids will tell you there is no such thing as too much Halloween candy, but I beg to differ.
Even after we parents take our “candy tax” and the kids gorge themselves, there’s still a staggering tower of sweets staring us down.
This year’s haul for the man-cub was 9.6 pounds. That’s for one 10-year-old, going out for 2-ish hours. I am not kidding; we weighed it.
What should you do with your haul after you have made yourself sick eating little candy bars?
There are loads of ideas floating around for ways to use up your leftover Halloween candy. Here are the ones that caught my eye:
2. Magical Marvelous Cookies  use at least 1 cup of chopped candy. Read the rave comments for these.
3. Sweet Dreams Pie . A candy bar pie? Sounds good to me! Three cups of chopped up treats go into this sweet beauty!
4. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies . Extra pb cups? This recipe has only two ingredients. Guess what one of them is?
5. Candy Bark . Repurpose by chopping up the Fun-Size bars and making your own candy bark to give away. This would be great for the December holidays, so consider tossing the Halloween leftovers in your freezer until it is time to make December gifts from your kitchen.
6. Freeze it. Consider portioning it in assorted bunches, packing in a zipper-top plastic bags, and tossing those in the freezer for a future candy-less week.
7. Gingerbread house. Save it for a month and use to decorate your gingerbread house. You won’t have to buy candy for it.
Article printed from Shockingly Delicious: http://www.shockinglydelicious.com
URL to article: http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/what-to-do-with-too-much-halloween-candy/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/categorized-candy-001.jpg
 Image: http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Nick-costume-001.jpg
 Witch’s Brew Hot Chocolate: http://leitesculinaria.com/77638/recipes-halloween-hot-chocolate.html
 Nutella Hot Chocolate: http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/nutella-hot-chocolate/
 Magical Marvelous Cookies: http://food52.com/blog/4664_magical_marvelous_cookies
 Image: http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Katie-and-Hillary-costumes-001.jpg
 Sweet Dreams Pie: http://blogs.kcrw.com/goodfood/2011/07/artbites-sweet-dream-pie/
 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: http://picky-palate.com/2011/02/17/reeses-peanut-butter-cup-cookies-literally-2-ingredients/
 Candy Bark: http://mybeautifuldisastersblog.com/2012/05/28/candy-bark-src-post/
 Image: http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/toothbrush-and-candy-001.jpg
 Using Up Halloween Candy — Snickers Cookies! : http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/using-up-halloween-candy-snickers-cookies-2/
 Witches’ Digits — Disgusting but Delicious Halloween Cookies to Gross-Out Your Guests : http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/witches-digits-disgusting-but-delicious-halloween-cookies-to-gross-out-your-guests/
 Christmas Lights Bites — Half Cookie, Half Candy, Making Spirits Bright! : http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/christmas-lights-bites-half-cookie-half-candy-making-spirits-bright/
 Monster Marshmallows for Halloween (Secret Recipe Club) : http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/monster-marshmallows-for-halloween-secret-recipe-club/
 Shrek’s Dirty Q-Tips for a Halloween Party #SundaySupper : http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/shreks-dirty-q-tips-for-a-halloween-party-sundaysupper/
 Halloween Deviled Spider Eggs : http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/halloween-deviled-spider-eggs/
Copyright © 2010 Shockinglydelicious. All rights reserved.