Recipe: Slow Cooker Hawaiian Kalua Pork
Summary: Deeply porky, slightly smoky, perfectly and simply seasoned with traditional Hawaiian sea salt, Kalua Pork is a wonderful traditional Hawaiian meal. The slow cooker stands in for the underground oven.
- 2.5-pound pork shoulder butt roast, trimmed of large pieces of fat
- 1 ½ teaspoons Alaea Red Hawaiian Sea Salt
- 10 squirts hickory smoke flavoring
- Mist the inside of the crock with nonstick spray. Place all ingredients in the crock, put the lid on and cook on LOW for 12 hours (or 8 hours on LOW and 2 more hours on HIGH).
- Remove lid and, using two forks, shred meat in the crock.
- Serve meat with mashed potatoes, rice or another grain, and a green vegetable alongside. Pass barbecue sauce so each person may dribble a bit on their pork if they like.
- Serves 8. Or serves 4, with leftovers for another meal.
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
See this page  for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 12 hours Diet tags: High protein, Paleo Number of servings (yield): 8 Culinary tradition: English My rating
‘Take the chill off’ Chilis, Soups, and Starters
- Spicy Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup  by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Eggplant Parmesan Soup  by The Texan New Yorker
- Cream of Tomato and Tortellini Soup  by Noshing With The Nolands
- Chicken Tortilla Soup  by What Smells So Good?
- Chicken Corn Chowder  by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup  by Neighborfood
- Lasagna Soup  by The ROXX Box
- Beefy Skillet Nacho Bake  by The Weekend Gourmet
- German Onion Soup  by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- White Bean and Spinach Soup  by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Oxtail Soup (Kkori Gomtang)  by kimchi MOM
- Fall Squash Chili by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili  by Alida’s Kitchen
‘Put meat on your bones’ Stews
- Brew Stewed Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Dr. Pepper Shredded Chicken (slow cooker)  by girlichef
- Pepper Beef Stew  by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Beef Stew with Red Wine, Carrots and Tomatoes  by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fabulous French Cassoulet  by Webicurean
- Slowcooker Coq Au Vin  by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Claypot Braised Tofu  by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Moroccan Lentil Ragout with Poached Eggs  by The Wimpy Vegetarian
‘Make room for seconds’ Main Dishes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Kalua Pork  by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken and Dumplings  by Hip Foodie Mom
- Spicy Tomato Pasta  by Supper for a Steal
- Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole  by The Urban Mrs.
- Carnitas with Queso Fresco Enchiladas  by Casa de Crews
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Herb Pork Chops and Veggies  by Cookin’ Mimi
- Jambalaya  by Country Girl in the Village
- Easy Oven Sweet & Sour Chicken  by Momma’s Meals
- Asian Chicken Rice Pot  by a distinguished palate
- Quick One Pot Red Beans and Rice  by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet & Sour Vegetarian Stir Fry  by Foxes Love Lemons
- One-Pot Lentil Chicken  by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Beef and Quince Tajine  by MarocMama
- Slow-Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches  by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sunday Supper Pork and Chorizo  by Family Foodie
- Mediterranean Chicken Bake  by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Chorizo, Corn and Potatoes  by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Crockpot Roasted Corn, Tomato and Broccoli Risotto  by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Quick ‘n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa  by NinjaBaking.com
- Pan-fried Chicken with Bacon and Asparagus  by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Chipotle Tamale Pie  by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Sausage and Noodle Pesto  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pot Coconut Rice Shrimp Pilaf  by Sue’s Nutrition Buzzz
- One Pot Spicy Pasta  by Mess Makes Food
‘Can’t say no’ Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding  by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Busy-Day S’mores Cake  by Treats & Trinkets
- Mascarpone Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Microwave  by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Spice Apple Crisp  by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies  by Pies and Plots
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the recipes. To join the conversation, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .