Recipe: Shortcut Lentil Pasta Sauce
Summary: Ready-to-eat lentils amp up the nutrition in jarred pasta sauce for a fast weeknight dinner. The hot pasta and sauce wilt the greens.
- 12-16 ounces short pasta (penne, gemelli or your favorite short shape)
- 1 (24- to 26-ounce) jar favorite pasta sauce (I often use Gina Rispoli Arrabbiata Sauce)
- 1 (17-ounce) package Melissa’s Steamed Lentils (or your favorite brand)
- 6-10 ounces baby spinach or other tender greens
- Garnish: Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. 
- Meanwhile, add sauce and lentils to a medium pot. Cover and simmer over low heat while pasta is cooking.
- To serve, portion baby spinach leaves in the bottom of 4 wide, shallow dinner bowls. Drain hot pasta and immediately portion hot pasta into bowls on top of spinach. Ladle hot sauce over top.
- Serve the grated cheese at the table.
- Serves 4.
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian, vegan
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
Throughout the week, you can find the #SundaySupper food blogger team also sharing #WeekdaySupper meals. Getting families back to the dinner table is our mission, and I hope we inspire you to try some of our delicious recipes. You can find them on our Pinterest Boards , too. Please join us there and try something!
- Monday – Momma’s Meals – Honey Garlic Chicken 
- Tuesday – Shockingly Delicious – Shortcut Lentil Pasta Sauce 
- Wednesday – Family Foodie – Broccoli and Ricotta Puffs 
- Thursday – That Skinny Chick Can Bake – Pork Tenderloin with Maple Balsamic Glaze 
- Friday – Alida’s Kitchen – Lentil Tacos 
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce sent the lentils for recipe testing.