Recipe: The Godmother of Malibu Salmon Wrap
Summary: Zippy, lemony wasabi mayonnaise on a spinach tortilla stuffed with marinated, grilled salmon, fresh spinach and healthy brown rice makes an unforgettable and gorgeous wrap for lunch or dinner!
- 6-ounce salmon fillet marinated in Shoyu Sauce*
- 4 ounces Wasabi Sauce*
- 1 cup fresh spinach, washed and patted dry
- 2 spinach flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 ounces Hellman’s or Best Food Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder or paste
- Marinate fresh salmon fillet in Shoyu marinade for 1 hour. Place on hot flat top or hot medium-sized fry pan and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Warm 2 flour spinach tortillas on grill or fry pan. Spread each tortilla with 2 ounces Wasabi Sauce. Cut grilled salmon fillet into 4 equal long strips.
- Place 2 salmon strips along bottom quarter of each flour tortilla. Place 1/2 cup warm brown rice next to salmon strips on each tortilla. Divide the spinach between both tortillas and place it on top of salmon and rice. Roll tortilla up over salmon, rice and spinach in a “snug” manner. Place seam side down on plate and cut in half on an angle.
- Makes 2 salmon wraps.
–To take a shortcut, you could use jarred wasabi mayonnaise. Enliven it with a squirt of lemon juice.
–The Shoyu Sauce will make enough to marinate 1 pound of salmon, should you wish to double or triple the rest of the recipe to feed more.
Preparation time: 1 hour (marination)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Diet type: Pescatarian
Number of servings (yield): 2
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
More scenes from The Godmother Cafe. Don’t you wish it were still open?