Recipe: Powdered Sugar Pound Cake with Pecans
Summary: With its fine crumb and almost candylike pecan-studded shell, this is pound cake gone fancy.
- 3/4 pound (1 1/2 cups) butter (I used unsalted butter and added ½ teaspoon salt to the recipe)
- 1 pound (3 1/2 cups) powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used 2 teaspoons Heilala Vanilla Extract )
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (I used 1/3 cup chopped pecans)
- Preheat oven to 300°. Beat butter in a large bowl with a mixer until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- Heavily butter and flour a 10-in. (12-cup) plain or decorative tube pan (I sprayed it with Baker’s Joy); add almonds (or pecans), then tilt pan to coat inside with nuts. Scrape batter into pan and smooth top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes (I recommend 10 minutes), then run a knife around edges of tube to loosen cake. Turn out onto rack and let cool at least 1 hour. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature, cut into thin slices.
- Make ahead: Up to 2 days, airtight at room temperature.
- Yield: Serves 16 (serving size: 1 slice)
Adapted from Sunset Magazine . Original recipe by a reader known only as G.L. from Bremerton, Washington, who gave it to them in 1963. They serve it frequently at staff parties.
Bundt cakes I have baked on Shockingly Delicious
Jan. 2014: Powdered Sugar Pound Cake with Pecans 
Oct. 2013: Banana Butterfinger Bundt Cake 
Feb. 2013: Quadruple Chocolate Bundt Cake 
Jan. 2013: Soaked and Glazed Lemon Cake
Dec. 2012: Eggnog Rum Pound Cake
Nov. 2012: Nutmeg Bundt Cake
Oct. 2012: Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze
Sept. 2012: Zucchini Cookie Butter Bundt Cake 
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 16
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
This month, for the inaugural edition of Bundt Bakers, our theme and ingredient of choice is NUTS. We have almonds and walnuts, pistachios and hazelnuts and lots of pecans, all baked into delicious Bundt cakes. It’s a wonderful array of nutty cakes for you today, hosted by Stacy of Food Lust People Love .
This month our Bundt Bakers are:
- Banana Nut Bread  from Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen 
- Chocolate Covered Almond Cake  from Anne at From My Sweet Heart 
- Chubby Hubby Mini Bundts  from Kelly at Passion Kneaded 
- Glazed Citrus Pistachio Bundt Cake  from Laura at The Spiced Life 
- Mocha Hazelnut Marble Bundt Cake  from Felice at All That’s Left Are the Crumbs 
- Orange Cinnamon Pecan Cake from Renee at Magnolia Days 
- Pecan Bundt Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing  from Stacy at Food Lust People Love 
- Pistachio Coffee Cardamom Cake  from Deepti at Baking Yummies 
- Powdered Sugar Pound Cake with Pecans  from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious 
- Rum Pecan Bundt  from Tara at Noshing with the Nolands 
Bundt Bakers is a group of Bundt-loving bakers who get together online once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme.
- Follow our Pinterest board right here .
- If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email to Stacy at email@example.com  or ask to join our private Facebook group .
Disclosure: Heilala sent the vanilla for recipe development.