Recipe: Pasta Aglio e Olio from the movie Chef
Summary: Pasta Aglio e Olio translates as spaghetti with garlic and oil in Italian). Traditional, simple, luxurious, easy-to-make meal with ingredients you always have on hand.
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 lemons
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti, cooking until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir frequently until the garlic is golden brown. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the drained spaghetti directly to the pan. Toss until spaghetti is thoroughly coated with the garlic oil.
- Remove pan from heat, add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well. Check for flavor and adjust the salt if necessary. Squeeze lemons on to taste. Garnish with more Parmesan.
- Serves 4.
This is an official recipe created for and made in the film “Chef” by Chef Roy Choi. For more info, visit the movie website. 
Six pivotal recipes from the movie are in a free e-cookbook available at Bakespace . Look for the “Chef the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe.”
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
If you like this recipe, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.