Nutella…you either love it or you think it is the devil.
I think both. It is the devil BECAUSE I love it so. That said, it has to be an occasional treat, and not an everyday indulgence, due to the fat-sugar bomb.
I discovered Nutella a decade ago when I went to Amsterdam. It appeared at the breakfast table with toast every morning (along with stacks of bacon), and I immediately decided those were my kind of people. What? A chocolate spread on your toast for breakfast? I’m moving in!
This Nutella Ice Cream is for when you want to use Nutella to gussy up dessert. This makes a sophisticated, light brown, milk chocolately ice cream with a fabulous consistency and a clean, pure taste. With only five ingredients (plus a pinch of salt), it also is fast to prepare.
Just don’t eat it for breakfast. Or maybe keep that to yourself if you do.
Recipe: Nutella Ice Cream
- ¾ cup organic 1% milk (or use whatever milk you have)
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons Nutella
- Pinch kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on low speed just until combined. This will take 15 or so seconds. Pour into container for electric ice cream maker and process until frozen, following manufacturer’s instructions for your machine. You may chill the mixture before processing if you like, but it is not necessary.
- Eat immediately (it will be a soft-serve consistency, or scoop into a container and freeze for several hours to harden it further.
- Makes 1 pint.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Freezing time in electric ice cream maker: 30 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 6-8
Culinary tradition: Italian
This week, our talented #SundaySupper group is contributing recipes featuring dishes in 5 ingredients or less, for those days when you don’t feel like making a complex recipe, or maybe you’re on a budget, or maybe you really only have five ingredients left!
Join us today around the family table as we share our delicious, mouth-watering collection of recipes! Be sure to stay after dinner at 7 p.m. EST as we share our recipes during our #SundaySupper live chat on Twitter!
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day, by following #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7 p.m.(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5-ingredient recipes. All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat. We’d also love to feature your 5-ingredient recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!