This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek. I was sent samples by the sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are all mine.
Sweet and satisfying Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel covers all the bases, including a substantial streusel layer atop plops of jammy goodness.
My motto is “any day with cake is a good day.” If that worldview works for you, this is your sweet treat, because it can be served for breakfast (hey, it has jam in it!), a snack with tea, or dessert after a meal. It’s versatile like that, and your day will be all the better for it.
It’s also versatile because you can instantly change up the flavor by using whatever jam you have on hand, or that needs using up, even that jar of gift jam your relatives gave you from their recent travels. I hear it is even good with Nutella instead of jam (and chopped hazelnuts in the streusel), but I haven’t tried that yet. Note to self: Try it!
How to make Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel
1. Assemble your ingredients and utensils. This is good advice no matter what recipe you are making.
2. Mix the streusel. (Can we just agree that the more streusel, the merrier? This recipe has plenty, thankfully.)
3. Mix the batter and pour into prepared pan.
4. Plop jam on…
…and swirl a bit.
5. Streusel on top.
6. Sprinkles make everything better!
7. Bake and try to keep everyone away from it while it cools.
Sponsored items used in this recipe:
- Adam’s Extract  — Vanilla Extract, Lemon Extract
- Dixie Crystals  — Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar
- Baking Pan by Anolon  — 9-inch Grey Springform Pan
- Sweets & Treats Sprinkles  — “Little Man”
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
We’re nearing the end of the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . This week-long summer time event has been filled with some amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we have some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for you too! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long.
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have more than 168 summertime sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below.
- Mermaid Pineapple RumDum  from Big Bear’s Wife
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes  from Daily Dish Recipes
- Drumstick Layered Dessert  from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes  from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles  from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake  from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake  from For The Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Mojito Cupcakes  from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes  from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes  from The Domestic Kitchen
- Summer Sangria Cake  from A Blender Mom
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes  from Doughmesstic
- Sunflower Cupcakes  from Home Sweet Homestead
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake  from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating  from Books n’ Cooks
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting  from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Peach Upside Down Cake  from Home Sweet Homestead
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel  from Shockingly Delicious
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing  from Nancie’s Table
No Bake Treats:
- Million Dollar Bar Pies  from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S’mores Cheesecake  from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars  from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka  from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies  from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars  from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta  from Palatable Pastime
Scroll down to take a look at the prizes…⇓
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Dixie Crystals  is giving away one (1) Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract  is giving away 1 Gift Pack, including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton  is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack, including Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips.
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique  is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon  is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Here’s what the cake looks like with Sea Splash sprinkles on top. LOVE this sprinkle mix!
Giveaway open to U.S. residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No P.O. boxes please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners; bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7-14 at 12 a.m. EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine. We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals , Adam’s Extract , Wilton , Sweets and Treats Shop  and Anolon.  These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.