Long, perfectly shaped and sweeter than the average bear, these new Sweet Red Kapia Peppers are worth seeking out in your produce section at the market.
The Red Kapia, a native of Eastern Europe, is the main pepper in Hungarian Paprika.
What to do with Sweet Red Kapia Peppers?
- Slice and use as vegetable dipping sticks for hummus or other dips.
- Chop and add to your salad.
- Char, steam, skin and seed and use as you would other roasted red peppers.
- Roast, or stir-fry with onions for a peppers-and-onions vegetable side dish.
- Stuff with something yummy like cooked rice or grains and cheese, and bake.
- Chop and toss pieces with pasta, garlic and olive oil.
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce sent the peppers for recipe testing.