There’s a BIG game coming up, right? I overheard it at the grocery store. I dunno…some guys in helmets running hither and yon on a gridiron.
Something about a national title. Sounds *super* to me!
Our job is to fuel up for the arduous task of watching the Super Bowl. And I can’t think of anything more fun than serving my dish in the shape of a football.
Literally, football food. Get it? Of course you do!
It’s ridiculously easy to make. Simply get your meats, cheese and crackers, or whatever you want to put on your appetizer plate, and arrange them in the shape of a football.
You can use whatever you like. Here’s what I used — a mix of common elements and a few slightly more challenging items.
- Roast beef
- Fennel salami
- Summer sausage
- Smoked almonds
- Fresh mozzarella pearls for the laces
- Butter crackers (like Ritz)
- Seeded crackers
I seem to have used ALL THE MEAT!
That’s it! You can sub out anything you don’t like, and sub in anything you prefer.
Keep reading after the recipe for a whole field full of other options from my fellow Sunday Supper bloggers. ↓
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
Thanks for visiting…are you hungry for more? Follow Shockingly Delicious on…
…for all the latest recipes, ideas and updates!
Want 3 more footballs for your party?
Fruit Football 
Cookie Football 
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes are Easy Football Food Ideas!
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is scrimmaging with easy football food. Take a look at our game-day grub and intercept something (see what I did there?) to try this week at your own table! We have delicious dips, wings, spuds, easy finger foods and even dessert.
Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day
Super Savory Recipes
- Air Fryer Hot Wings  by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Bacon Ranch Skillet Nachos  by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Baked Jalapeño Poppers  by My World Simplified
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks  by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Beer Battered Mushroom Bites  by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Bourbon Beef and Bean Chili  by Cooking on the Ranch
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls  by The Freshman Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread wtih Bacon  by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Nachos  by Simple and Savory
- Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza  by Caroline’s Cooking
- Football-Shaped Meat and Cheese Plate  by Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic Spinach Dip  by Wholistic Woman
- Hot Mexican Dip Recipe  by Life Tastes Good
- Oven Fried Fish Sliders  by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Piglets in Milk Bun Blankets  by Wild Wild Whisk
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dippers  by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pork Ribs with Bourbon BBQ Sauce  by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spinach and Artichoke Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips  by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Stout Braised Meatballs with Bacon Jam  by Gourmet Everyday
- Super Easy Spicy Green Onion Dip  by Cooking Chat
- Super Simple Salmon Bites  by Bites of Wellness
Sweet Super Recipes
- Mexican Buñuelos (Cinnamon and Sugar Fritters)  by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Peanut Butter and Caramel Stuffed Oatmeal Cookies  by Pies and Plots
- Easy S’mores Dessert Dip  by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Touchdown Turtle Brownie Bites  by Soulfully Made
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website.  Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards  for plenty more ideas and inspiration.