Recipe: Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse
- 1 (6-ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 whole Davidson’s Safest Choice pasteurized eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons very strong brewed coffee (or equivalent of instant coffee granules melted in hot water)
- 3/4 cup whole milk (2% also works)
- Add chocolate chips, eggs and vanilla to the blender.
- Add coffee and milk to a 4-cup glass measuring cup (it has to be this big to prevent overflow when boiling milk). Heat in microwave until it is boiling; watch carefully as it will foam up when it boils. Remove milk from microwave. 
- Put lid on blender and remove the small center plastic knob (if applicable). Turn blender on and slowly, carefully add steaming milk to the blender while it is running. Either put the plastic center knob back on, or cover the opening with a tea towel while the blender whirls on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour into 4 glass or ceramic ramekins, or small glasses, or even little jars (for a more rustic serving idea). Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Makes 4 servings.
Dorothy Reinhold | Shockingly Delicious
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)