QUICK APPLESAUCE FOR ONE: Chop an apple finely, microwave it briefly with cinnamon and vanilla, mash, and you have super fast applesauce for one person.
If you have an apple, you can have applesauce for one in fewer than 5 minutes. And let’s admit upfront that fresh apples deliver a big reward, flavorwise, so this is worth your (little) while.
Sometimes you want a dollop of applesauce on your morning oatmeal, or you need a bit to eat with your pork chop, roast chicken or grilled sausage dinner. You don’t have to open a big jar just to get the amount you need; just let your microwave oven do the quick work for you.
Spice it with ground cinnamon, or if you happen to have an apple pie spice blend or a pumpkin pie spice blend, those work just as well. Use what you have!
How to cut the apple
The hardest thing in today’s recipe — and it isn’t difficult at all! — is cutting the apple. Swiss Diamond is one of our generous sponsors for Apple Week, and I am showing off my new favorite knife, their 3.5-inch paring knife , which fits perfectly into your hand for quick apple coring and peeling. It has a full-tang handle (same piece of steel from tip to base) for the highest strength, has a resin handle for ergonomics and durability, is ice hardened for blade strength and no-stain properties, and has undergone an 8-stage grinding and sharpening process to make the cutting edge super sharp. I value all of those traits!
I also used the vanilla extract from sponsor Rodelle . It’s high quality, and preferred by many bakers. Give it a sniff and you will be sold. Vanilla so enhances anything with apple in it; it’s a natural pairing.
Today’s apple recipe is part of Apple Week, which goes on through Saturday, with 200+ recipes from 40+ bloggers, all of us apple fans. Check out the list of today’s recipes right after my recipe. Of course there’s a giveaway as well, so please make sure you enter the giveaway, and join me in following Swiss Diamond on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest , Instagram , and YouTube .
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
Are you ready to make it? It is so easy.
What to eat homemade applesauce with
- Cottage cheese
- Roast pork or pork chops
- Grilled sausages
- Roast chicken
- For a healthy dessert!
Here are today’s Apple Week recipes
- Apple & Chipotle Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs  by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple and Plum Crumble  by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette  by Everyday Eileen
- Apple Sausage Skewers  by The Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Granola  by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Pie Jam  by Tip Garden
- Apple Jamon Fontina Grilled Cheese  by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easiest Apple Strudel Recipe  by The Anthony Kitchen
- Baked Apple Pancake  by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Banana Apple Curry Soup  by The Saucy Fig
- Bavarian Sauerkraut  by Palatable Pastime
- Bourbon Apple Fizz Cocktail  by Girl Abroad
- Bulgogi-Inspired Oven Beef Jerky  by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Butterscotch Apple Oat Cookies  by Family Around the Table
- Caramel Apple Salad  by Daily Dish Recipes
- Caramelized Apple Wheatberry Porridge with Pepitas and Cranberries  by The Baking Fairy
- Chai Spiced Apple Waffles  by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Cider Glazed Roast Chicken  by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Creamy Apple Cider Chicken Skillet  by House of Nash Eats
- Chicken Sausage Stuffed Baked Apples  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Sponge Charlotte Cake With Caramel Apples  by Cooking With Carlee
- Creamy Beet & Apple Salad  by Savory Moments
- Copy Cat Dairy Queen Apple Pie Blizzard  by An Affair from the Heart
- French Apple Cake  by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Glazed Chocolate Chip Apple Cake  by Who Needs A Cape?
- Grandma’s Apple Butter  by The Freshman Cook
- Granny Smith Pizza  by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Instant Pot Apple Butter  by Soulfully Made
- Pan Apple Mini Cakes  by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Pork Tacos with Sweet Apple Slaw  by The Redhead Baker
- Quick Applesauce for One  by Shockingly Delicious
- Turkey Breast Roulade with Apple, Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing  by Books n’ Cooks
Enter the giveaway! 7 prizes…7 people will win!
You can see the prizes here. 
a Rafflecopter giveaway 
Disclaimer: Thank you Apple Week sponsors Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.