Recipe: Chile-Roasted Dutch Yellow Potatoes
Summary: Potatoes roasted with chile give enough of a Cinco de Mayo kick that you just might need a margarita.
- 1½ pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 dried de arbol chile peppers, stems and seeds removed, ground
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
“The Great Pepper Cookbook: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing and Cooking with Peppers,” by Melissa’s Produce (2014; Oxmoor House; $29.95).
Fat cals: 70
Total fat: 8g
Sat. fat: 0.5g
Total carbs: 19g
Vit. A IUs: 4%
Vit. C: 35%
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce provided a review copy of the book.