This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are all mine.
Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake is a wildly good dessert, and you will no doubt make it all the time. It relies on pantry and refrigerator items, and can be embellished with whatever fruit you have in season!
No doubt you’ll make this in summer, fall, winter and spring. It’s so good, you’ll crave it year-’round, and be happy when you smell it in the oven.
In summer it is particularly handy because you can throw whatever fresh berries you have on it, or cherries, or fresh peaches or other stone fruit.
In other seasons, sliced pears or apples or persimmons, segmented tangerines, pomegranate arils, mango, pineapple…let what’s in your fruit bowl be your guide. My rule of thumb is if it tastes good with caramel, it makes the cut!
How to make Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake
1. Assemble your ingredients. (This is good advice no matter what recipe you are making.)
2. Make the batter using an electric mixer.
3. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan.
4. Make the Brown Sugar Maple Sauce, and pour it over the prepared batter. It automagically sinks to the bottom while baking.
5. Bake it. It might (probably!) heave and bubble while baking. This is not only entertaining, but natural! It emerges with sticky pudding on the bottom bubbling up around the edges and sides. YUM!
6. When you cut a piece and serve it, be prepared to be asked for the recipe.
7. Interestingly, this cake changes if you have it left over. The next day, the caramel sauce on the bottom becomes more firm. Don’t worry, it is EXCELLENT both days!
8. Additional ways to serve it: add fresh sliced strawberries, whole raspberries or blackberries, or fresh peaches on top.
Shall we turn on the oven and make it? The answer is YES! (And be sure to enter the #SummerDessertWeek giveaway under the recipe)
You guys…honestly, do you need more incentive to make this? Look at this caramel…
Sponsored items used in this recipe:
- Adam’s Extract  — Vanilla extract
- Dixie Crystals  — Granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Wilton  — Bake and Bring 13×9-inch pan
If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . This week-long summer time event is filled with some amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we have some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for you too! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long.
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have more than 168 summertime sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below.
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream  from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream  from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream  from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats  from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight  from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie  from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie  from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies  from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie  from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake  from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake  from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes  from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake  Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake  from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake  from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake  from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte  A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake  from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake  from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake  from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes  from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake  from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert  from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake  from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad  from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert  from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake  from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert  from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles  from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies  from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake  from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes  from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake  from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread  from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars  with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake  from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote  from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas  from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies  from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies  from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls  from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding  from For the Love of Food
Scroll down to take a look at the prizes…⇓
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED
Dixie Crystals  is giving away one (1) Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract  is giving away 1 Gift Pack, including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton  is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack, including Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips.
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique  is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon  is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to U.S. residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No P.O. boxes please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners; bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7-14 at 12 a.m. EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine. We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals , Adam’s Extract , Wilton , Sweets and Treats Shop  and Anolon.  These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.