Recipe: Blueberry Sorbet
Summary: Squeaky clean tasting, light, bracingly fresh and seasonal as can be, blueberry sorbet is the “it” dessert of summer, and perfect for a backyard BBQ.
- 18 ounces fresh blueberries (I used 3 6-ounce containers, which equals 18 ounces)
- 8-8 ½ ounces pure cold blueberry juice (I used blueberry juice from Chile)
- 6 tablespoons vanilla sugar 
- 1 tablespoon Crème de Cassis or Chambord (could also use St. Germain or even vodka)
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- Sprinkle of salt
- Wash, dry and puree blueberries using a food processor. I used a mini processor and did the berries in 2 batches. Place puree in a 4-cup measure. Add blueberry juice, sugar, liqueur, lemon juice and a tiny sprinkle of salt. Stir well to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- You may either use the mixture to make sorbet immediately, or refrigerate it for a couple of hours. If you begin with a cold mixture, freezing time is faster.
- To make now: Pour mixture into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Mine took about 20 minutes. Your mileage may vary depending on your machine and how cold your mixture is when you begin.
- Remove frozen sorbet from machine and either eat immediately, or spoon into containers with tight fitting lids. Freeze for several hours for best scooping results.
- Serves 6-8.
Foods from Chile  sent the blueberry juice for recipe development.
Dorothy Reinhold / Shockingly Delicious.
See this page  for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Freezing time: 20-30 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian, vegan
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6-8
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
The #SundaySupper group is throwing a summer BBQ today, offering recipes for all things fit for a summer celebration! Try my Blueberry Sorbet (as part of a red, white and blue dessert perhaps?), or any of the other delicious suggestions below.
Here’s what we’ve cooked up for you today:
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops  by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers  by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak  by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers  by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs  by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style  by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos  by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs  by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney  by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers  by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers  by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw  by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts  by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs  by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs  by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans  by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn  by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad  by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions  by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad  by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad  by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards  by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad  by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad  by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad  by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad  by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents  by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta  by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini  by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad  by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait  by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies  by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies  by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait  by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet  by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes  by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake  by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes  by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar  by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie  by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops  by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores  by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler  by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies  by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats  by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding  by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler:
- Cherry Caipiroska  by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mint Tea Slushes  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Prickly Pear Margaritas  by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 p.m. ET and you don’t want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. And check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more fabulous recipes and food photos!