Recipe: Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole
- 1 quart salsa fresca
- 1 (4-ounce) container diced Hatch chiles (use the ones you have stashed in your freezer! ) or use canned diced green chiles
- 1 bag (10-11 ounces) restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 (17.6-ounce) pouch steamed ready-to-eat lentils
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 of a bunch of fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried and finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) bag extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Garnish: sliced California avocados, sour cream or Greek yogurt, sliced black olives (all optional)
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Put salsa, Hatch chiles and 1/2 cup water in a bowl and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Spray a 13- by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. You will be making 2 layers of all the ingredients, and you can put them in any order you like, but this way works well:
- First layer: half the corn chips, half the salsa, half the lentils, half the corn, half the cilantro, half the cheese and 1/3 of the green onions.
- Second layer: rest of the corn chips, rest of the lentils (or nearly all of them; it is OK if you want to have some lentils left over), rest of the corn, rest of the cilantro, rest of the salsa, rest of the cheese and half of the remaining scallions.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining scallions over top, and serve immediately. Serves 12. 
I adapted this recipe , which I tasted at the blogging conference Big Traveling Potluck 2, created by Pam Anderson. I altered the method a tad, subbed lentils, added cilantro and a couple of other tweaks to suit myself and what I had on hand. Yum!
See this page  for all the wonderful #SundaySupper dishes I have made since I joined this group, and links to all the other delicious dishes made by my fellow cooks.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
This week our #SundaySupper blogger crew is celebrating Father’s Day, sponsored by Gallo Family Vineyards . They’d love it if you connected with them on Facebook  | Twitter  | Instagram  | YouTube .
Check out the special in-advance Father’s Day dishes we have lined up for you on the Sunday Supper buffet table, and our wine pairings for each of them. I recommend you try my delicious Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole with some light, fruity Gallo Family Vineyards Café Zinfandel , made in a smoother, lighter style than traditional Zin, and tasting of strawberry, raspberry and watermelon. Or how about their Pinot Noir  if you don’t like a sweet wine (find them with their store locator here ) and get a $1 off digital coupon here . If you don’t want Chilaquiles today, choose something else from the menu below that rings your chimes:
Father’s Day Salads and Main Dishes:
- Avocado and Quinoa Salad  by Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole  by Shockingly Delicious
- Barbecue Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce  by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken in a Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce  by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Pinot Noir Sauce  by Hip Foodie Mom
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatballs  by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Southwestern Zinfandel Glaze  by Cooking On The Ranch
- Jambalaya Kabobs  by Foxes Love Lemons
- Man Burgers Stuffed with Pinot Noir Caramelized Onions  by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Marinated Flank Steak  by The Foodie Army Wife
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers  by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pinot Noir Glazed Salmon  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction Sauce with Grilled T-Bone Steak  by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Meatball Subs  by Momma’s Meals
Father’s Day Sweets and Treats:
- Angel Food Cake Smores Skewers  by Melanie Makes
- Cafe Zinfandel Cake & Pinot Noir Quinoa  by NinjaBaking.com
- Cherry Pinot Noir Pie  by girlichef
- Chocolate Decadence with Cafe Zinfandel Whipped Cream and Raspberry Sauce  by Desserts Required
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake  by Magnolia Days
- Pinot Noir Dark Chocolate Truffles  by Alida’s Kitchen
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed here are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.