Food inspiration is everywhere, especially when you get invited to other people’s houses.
Look around…they do things differently than you, they have different stuff in the pantry, the refrigerator, on the buffet at their parties. Take note and ask questions!
Case in point: A visit to the home of my husband’s colleague for a So Cal summer party gave me my latest favorite chicken recipe – Chicken Tinga, which is a kind of stewed chicken that is spicy from chipotle, tangy from onion and garlic, and sweet from tomatoes. I fell in love with it and spooned in onto tortillas for a little taco. I might have had 3 or 4, but the hostess was kind enough not to be counting.
I sampled all of the various offerings made by local Oxnard, Calif. mom-and-daughter caterers Adela Morales and Jennifer Vazquez, and found an immediate favorite among all the delicious dishes.
Chicken Tinga, where have you been all my life?
I asked for the recipe and they were kind enough to share their method with me. I took a few liberties in adapting their method to my own, making it with my beloved chicken thighs instead of chicken breast, and adding a few other tweaks.
One of the best things about Chicken Tinga, besides the flavor, is it’s made simply, with real, unprocessed ingredients. It’s versatile and healthy, and fits right in to lots of eating plans.
Fire up the stove! You know what’s for Sunday Supper!
Today our Sunday Supper group is taking the October Unprocessed Challenge . Basically, it involves eating real, unprocessed food for the whole month, to boost your health and happiness. We’re hosted today by Foodie Stuntman of Crazy Food Stunts . Please add my Authentic Chicken Tinga to your meal plan this month! With all of the recipes we offer today, we have your entire October covered!
This week’s Sunday Supper recipes:
Alluring Appetizers and Stunning Sides
- Brioche Dinner Rolls  by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Stuffed Peppadew Peppers  by An Appealing Plan
- Homemade Fennel-Maple Mustard  by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet Potato Noodles & Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing  by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Whole Grain, No-Knead Sourdough Bread  by Peaceful Cooking
- Sweet Potato Fries  by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Indian Spiced Dal and Sag Aloo  by Happy Baking Days
- Homemade Energy Bars  by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Thyme Chicken  by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sweet Potato and Carrot Hash  by Fit Foodie Runs
- Roasted Parsnips and Carrots with Cardamom and Maple Syrup  by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Spicy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes  by Magnolia Days
- Autumn Panzanella  by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa  by What Smells So Good?
- Curried Apple Chips  by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Stuffed Acorn Squash  by Rhubarb and Honey
- Homemade Hash Brown  by Basic N Delicious
- Raw Salted Chocolate Chip Oat Healthy Bars  by Wallflour Girl
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts  by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Basic Roasted Cauliflower  by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Beet Chips  by The Dinner-Mom
- Crispy Tex-Mex Quinoa Patties  by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Authentic Chicken Tinga  by Shockingly Delicious
- Jacket Potato Party  by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mom’s Homemade Vegetarian Meatballs  by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken and Sweet Potato  by MealDiva
- Chinese Five Spice Chicken Stir Fry  by Nosh My Way
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili  by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Coconut Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dip  by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Burgers with Garlicky Arugula  by Cooking Chat
- Baked Zucchini with Spicy Tomatoes  by Food Lust People Love
- Fall Squash Soup  by Ruffles & Truffles
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes  by Momma’s Meals
- White Bean Pesto Stew  by eating in instead
- Seared Pork Stack  by annaDishes
- Gnocchi with Peas and Pesto  by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pumpkin & Sausage Pasta  by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake  by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Vegan Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes  by NinjaBaking.com
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies  by Pies and Plots
Join us around the family table for #SundaySupper
- Twitter how-to: Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day on Twitter to see our recipes. To join the conversation anytime, simply use the #SundaySupper hashtag to share your favorite tips and recipes.
- Pinterest: Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board  for more recipes and photos.
- Join: To join the Sunday Supper Movement, sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement .