It’s Hatch Chile time, and that means it’s time to buy a case (10 pounds or 25 pounds) and have them roasted for us, so we can bring them home and cook with them. We’ll use some immediately and save some in the freezer for later weeks and months, so we can enjoy Hatch goodness long after their short August-September season is over.
In fact, this week begins the time of public roastings in Southern California; don’t miss out!
Or we’ll roast the Hatch chiles at home  ourselves. You can do this stovetop, as we show here . Or you can roast Hatch on the grill outside , as we show here. Doing it at home is an easy option, especially if you buy less than a case. Either way, we’ll have loads of Hatch to use.
If you’re looking for great ideas for what to do with your roasted Hatch chiles, you’ve come to the right place! I have lots of suggestions for you, including some from my kitchen and some from my talented food blogger friends.
Breakfast or Brunch
- Loaded Veggie Frittata with Sweet Potato and Hatch Chiles from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Hatch Chile Pepper Jack Bacon and Eggs  from Cooking on the Weekends
- Hatch Green Chile Bacon Pie from In Erika’s Kitchen
- Hatch Chile Corn Bread Strata  from Presley’s Pantry
- Watermelon and Hatch Gazpacho  from Cook and Be Merry
- Italian Potato Hash Breakfast Burger  from Chef Tom Fraker
Dips, Salsas and Sauces
- Blackened Salsa from Kitchen Konfidence
- Green Chile Guacamole  from Around My Family Table
- Southwestern Tomato Jam with Hatch  from Thru the Bugs on My Windshield
- Easy Mole Sauce  from Adventures with Nancy Rose
- Hatch Chile Strips in Red Salsa  from Nibbles & Feasts
- Fully Loaded Green Chile Potato Skins from The Heritage Cook
- Marinated Eggplant with Hatch Chiles  from Two Broads Abroad
- Potato Gratin with Green Chile  from Bijouxs
- Hatch Chile White Cheddar Scones  from The Texan New Yorker
- Simple Corn Pudding with Roasted Hatch  from She’s Cookin’
- Avocado and Potato Salad with Hatch Chile Vinaigrette  from Black Girl Chef’s Whites
- Easy Vegetarian Carrot Tartare with Hatch Chile Vinaigrette from My Man’s Belly
- Roasted Hatch Chile Pepper Hummus  from Recipe Renovator
- Hatch Chile Pesto Potatoes  from A Communal Table
- Romaine Salad with Hatch Chile Dressing  from A Communal Table
- Hatch Chile Shrimp Corn Chowder  from Magnolia Days
- Hatch Chile Verde with Chicken  from Family Spice
- Chicken Basquaise with Hatch Chiles  from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Hatch Chile Cheeseburger  from the Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Yukon Gold Potatoes, Roasted Green Chiles and Halloumi  from Letty’s Kitchen
- Hatch Chile Chimichurri  from Geez Louise
- Hatch Chile Shrimp Saute with Coconut Rice  from Cooking on the Weekends
- Enchiladas with Hatch Chile Sauce  from She’s Cookin’
- Bleu Green Burgers by Nibbles & Feasts
- Chicken Hatch en Bleu by Presley’s Pantry
- Roasted Hatch Chile Mac n’ Cheese  by Life’s Ambrosia
- Grilled Salmon with Blueberry Hatch Chile Sauce  from Pineapple and Coconut
- Tamales with Green Chile Sauce from Dinners Dishes & Desserts
- Green Chile Cheese Dogs  from Everyday Southwest
- Green Chile Burgers with Onion and Potatoes  from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Hatch Salsa Verde, Pork and Oaxaca Cheese Pizza  from Farm Fresh Feasts
- New Year’s Tamales  from SpaBettie
- Western Shepherd’s Pie  from Worth the Whisk
- Hatch Chile Verde  from Latino Foodie
If you like these ideas and want to save them, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.
Thanks for visiting…are you hungry for more? Follow Shockingly Delicious on…
…for all the latest recipes, ideas and updates!
This post may contain affiliate/referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees (at no cost to you) by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services.
This post was originally published Aug. 11, 2015 and has been updated and republished.